AVS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just Installed my new 3850 (from 6600gt) and cant get it to detect my projector. I have tried both dvi slots and neither one will detect it. Both slots will detect my monitor fine though.

Upon boot up, the post and windows load screen will display, but once windows starts and i go into the catalyst control center, it acts as if there is nothing there.

The projector is a panasonic ptl500u

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Actually, as an update:

I tried plugging ONLY the projector into the card and no image came up. There seems to be some issue with this card when attached to my pj

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
That's weird. But I have found the ATI control center to absolute trash. With my old 8600GTS, I could switch between an LCD and my projector with one click. ATI's drives and control center is like freakin' greek to me......

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, its strange. Things worked perfectly on my 6600gt. It always detected it, and all I had to do was turn on the pj when I wanted to use it. So I know my general setup works.

I submitted a trouble ticket. Maybe something in the drivers prevent it from recognizing the pj?

·
Registered
3,801 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_Brown /forum/post/12868183

Yeah, its strange. Things worked perfectly on my 6600gt. It always detected it, and all I had to do was turn on the pj when I wanted to use it. So I know my general setup works.

I submitted a trouble ticket. Maybe something in the drivers prevent it from recognizing the pj?

Oh its mostly likely a driver issue. ATI's drivers are garbage. If the 3870 wasn't such a dope card, I would have gone back to nVidia in a heartbeat!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I tried hooking it up with a vga cable, and it was immediately found, but a 21 ft vga looks horrible, so thats not really an option. Im pretty frustrated with this.

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
What about the component dongle??

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I dont have any component cables, so I couldnt try that out.

However, I did install powerstrip and my pj was detected. I tried again the next morning and it was still detected. The problem *may* be solved. Im keeping my fingers crossed.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Aw man, I feel like such a fool. The problem came back last night, and FINALLY it dawned on me to check my DVI cable. I pulled out my multi meter and found that one set of pins doesnt conduct when the cable is bent a certain way. Problem solved, time for a new cable.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts