AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello every one. I am new to this forum and I really need HELP HELP HELP.

I have Mitsu HC1600 great projector set it up in my basement connected to Yamaha RXV863 receiver with component cable (50 ft). I connected a sony DVD player to the receiver with component cable and audio with optical. No problems and I can watch the movie. But its only coming in 480i. But my receiver capable of upconverting it to 720p and 1080p and my projector is a 720p. In order to get the 720p I connected the projector with HDMI cable of 40 ft. Thats it no signal is coming. The HDMI cable is high quality made by rocket fish. When I connect the projector with 12 ft cable no problem the picture is coming outstanding quality.

Is this the length issue? What should I do? should I replace the cable with another one or any boosters recommended. Pl advise.

·
Registered
15,090 Posts
Yes, it's the cable length and/or design.

Verify that the cable is certified Category 2 (also known as "high speed"). 1080p/60 video signals need cables which have twice the bandwidth needed by 1080i and 720p (Category 1). Just because a cable has high quality construction does not mean that it has the necessary bandwidth.

Also, long cable lengths often need an HDMI extender -- essentially an in-line amplifier, although the good ones clean up the signal as well as amplifying it. Some projectors include circuitry which can compensate for long cables, but it has to be enabled in their service menus. The Mitsubishi HC 3800 projector has such a feature, for example. I don't know if the 1600 does.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts