AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I am hooking up the 5030UB with Pioneer SC-75 receiver via HDMI. When I switch input on the receiver (e.g. cable to Blu Ray player) I lose the video signal at the projector and it displays "No Signal". This also happens when I go into a menu mode in the receiver and hence can't see the on screen menu.

However, If I restart the projector the video signal appears. I am really confused why this is happening and am unable to point out if the issue is with the receiver, or the projector. Anyone faced similar issues? Please help?

·
Registered
30,250 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by singhdee  /t/1526821/no-signal-on-hdmi-1-when-switching-inputs-on-av-receiver#post_24594535

I am hooking up the 5030UB with Pioneer SC-75 receiver via HDMI. When I switch input on the receiver (e.g. cable to Blu Ray player) I lose the video signal at the projector and it displays "No Signal". This also happens when I go into a menu mode in the receiver and hence can't see the on screen menu.

However, If I restart the projector the video signal appears. I am really confused why this is happening and am unable to point out if the issue is with the receiver, or the projector. Anyone faced similar issues? Please help?

Not enough info. Need description of your system connections and links to the cables used.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

The Pioneer SC-75 is connected to EPSON 5030UB via a high speed Monster HDMI cable (25 feet). Using HDMI 1 ports on both the receiver and projector. 

Another example of what's going on. If I have all equipments on and working fine, then if I switch off/on the receiver only (with projector, cable box etc still on), the projector does not get the video signal back until I switch it off/on also. Its very puzzling. Cannot figure out of the problem is with the receiver, or the projector, or may be the HDMI cable?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having the exact same problem with my new Epson 5030 hooked up to a Pioneer sc-1222k receiver. It doesn't do it everytime but if I switch sources too many times in one sitting, I'll get no signal. It also does it for receiver OCD menu. all goes back to normal if I switch the projector on and off. I'm using a monoprice high speed redmere 50ft HDMI cable. the inputs are a combination of HDMI and composite video. Any luck solving this problem yet Singhdee?

·
Registered
4,606 Posts
Move the projector or the equipment whichever is easier and try your system with short cables, less than 6 feet. If you can't repeat the problem with short cables than the issue is the cable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts