AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went through FAQs, Prod manual, and did a quick search on these forums for this, but did not find an answer:

I got a replay after two tivos died on me. I set it up with outputs to Kenwood receiver (409), and since I didn't have the time, did not connect it thru my VCR as yet.

However, I get the channels without any sound. THe connections are correct, the setting on my receiver are fine too (used video 2), but no sound.

Does the volume lock mentioned in the manual have anything to do with it? What can I do to get my sound through my Home Theater System?

Any help or suggestions appreciated.

Lyndon

·
Registered
149 Posts
What are your connections?

Also while you're at it, you might want to press menu choose setup and check your input settings to make sure they are correct.

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by lycerejo
Went through FAQs, Prod manual, and did a quick search on these forums for this, but did not find an answer:

I got a replay after two tivos died on me. I set it up with outputs to Kenwood receiver (409), and since I didn't have the time, did not connect it thru my VCR as yet.

However, I get the channels without any sound. THe connections are correct, the setting on my receiver are fine too (used video 2), but no sound.

Does the volume lock mentioned in the manual have anything to do with it? What can I do to get my sound through my Home Theater System?

Any help or suggestions appreciated.

Lyndon
No the volumn lock does not block sound from coming out of the replay. All it does is remap the remote control volume keys so you control TV volume while in DVD mode or cable mode etc.

Nothing stops the audio from leaving the unit. The replay audio is always at a set level.

How about a test like this, listen to a cd in your home stereo (this proves your wires,speakers and volume level are good) . Now take the audio connectors out of the cd player and connect to the replay audio output (white and red) plugs. Flip channels on the replay. If the channel video is fine but no audio then there is nothing more to do than send the replay back for repair. If you have sound your connections at the stereo are not correct.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks **** and Mikeyboy. Am away from home till Friday, but will try these out as soon as I set foot at home.

For my connections, I used the red and white out from the ShowStopper into the red and white on Video 2 on my receiver. I used an S-video cable to connect the video from my ShowStopper to my receiver (my DVD and VCR are also connected to the receiver via S-video)

Thanks again - will update this on Friday.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.