AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Yamaha RX-V661 receiver hooked up to a Jamo E7 sub. I have yet to hear any sound from the sub. Through reading other posts, in my receiver, I think I should have my other speakers set to small, the subwoofer on, crossover set to 80hz and connected to the LFE out. The subwoofer has three dials on the back:

Level

Cut off freq. 40hz - 150hz

Phase

I am not 100% sure what to set these at. There is also a switch that is labeled Boundry Gain Compensation on/off. I have no idea what that means.

I have played CD's and fm radio while trying to hear something from the sub. I am new to home theather so please excuse my lack of knowledge. Am I missing anything obvious?

·
Registered
720 Posts
First off make sure the sub setting on your receiver is set to on. Just because the sub is getting power doesn't necessarily mean it getting a signal from the receiver.

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Make sure you have the sub connected to the the Subwoofer Pre Out and not the Multi Channel input on the sub, That's a common mistake.

As far as settings. Make sure the sub is turned on in your receivers settings. All speakers set to small, crossover at 80.

On the sub turn the crossover knob all the way up and the subs gain about 1/3 to 1/2 for starters.

·
Registered
27 Posts
One other thing to check ...

On my Rotel received, if I put the unit in Standby and unplugg/replug the subwoofer connection (like I did last night when changing subs), the subwoofer cuts out completely. I have to cycle the power to the unit to get things to reset.

If you haven't tried that already, do so. Unplug from the wall if you have to, just make sure the receiver is completely powered down.

Paul Braman

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to all for your help. The subwoofer setting on the receiver wasn't set to subwoofer. I still had to put a CD in with heavy bass and turn the volume up louder than I would normally listen to feel the subwoofer. Now that it is hooked up correctly I need to dial it in so I can get a better response at lower volume. Thank you again for your help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts