AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok this blu ray craze has got me hook up, so I decided to buy a ps3 today. However, my tv only has dvi inputs. So I bought a hdmi to dvi cable so I can have better pictures. I understand that dvi doesn't carry sound, but what do I need to get the sound? My friend have bought some kind of wire that only allow his tv to have audio. I was wondering is there any way I can get sound from my receivers to my surround sound instead of just the tv.

·
Registered
575 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by supaflyz /forum/post/14187065

Ok this blu ray craze has got me hook up, so I decided to buy a ps3 today. However, my tv only has dvi inputs. So I bought a hdmi to dvi cable so I can have better pictures. I understand that dvi doesn't carry sound, but what do I need to get the sound? My friend have bought some kind of wire that only allow his tv to have audio. I was wondering is there any way I can get sound from my receivers to my surround sound instead of just the tv.

I'm not a gamer so I don't know if the ps3 has rca cables (red and white analog ones). or you can use the optical cable to your receiver..

Steve

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
If your receiver has an optical audio input run an optical audio cable from the PS3 to the receiver. Be sure to change the audio setting in the PS3 to optical and you will have surround sound from your speaker system.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts