AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched this forum and even google but cannot seem to find any help relating to my situation. It is probably here somewhere but my frustration is preventing me from figuring it out.

I am not able to get any sound from DTS movie tracks.

I have recently decided to burn my movie collection to my NAS box and now enjoy running all my media (music, pictures, hdtv and movies) through Vista's Media Center. Setup is an Intel MB with dual core, 4gig RAM, 512mb ATI Radeon 3850 (hdmi) and now picked up the Auzen Prelude 7.1 connected via toslink, running on Vista Ultimate 32bit SP1. It is connected to my Pioneer Elite vsx-94txh. I have the latest ffdshow intalled as well as the latest Auzen drivers (Beta1 dated July 9th, 08). My speaker setup in Windows is 7.1 as well as in the Auzen driver. I am running in Entertainment mode, I also have turned on the "DTS Connect" feature. Since doing so the reciever automatically recognized and switched to DTS on the front panel. I can play the DD movie tracks and hear them fine, as well as all other sounds and audio in windows. I ripped the entire DVD for all my movies not cutting anything out. Even when playing the dvd straight from the dvd drive I do not hear DTS tracks. I ripped using AnyDVD and "My Movies". Which by the way is pretty damn cool - recognized all my movies. Can anyone tell me what I am missing or overlooking? I'm hoping it's simple - I can't seem to figure it out. This is the last piece to my puzzle and I will be a happy man.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

John

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you refering to passthrough via the decoder? I have uninstalled all decoders and installed the latest "ac3filter" and "spdifer" both have passthrough options which I checked all of them (DTS included)... but still nothing. Is there some registry tweak... or setting in Media Center or Media Player I am missing? In the control panel under sound I have two options for playback one of course is "speaker" and the other "SPDIF Out" both of which specify the Auzen Prelude 7.1 and say "working". When I default it to speakers I hear everything (except DTS). If I change the default to the other SPDIF Out I hear nothing. When I run the speaker setup in Media Center it changes the default to SPDIF Out. Is this where it's supposed to be?

Thanks.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hi

I have a prelude like you connected via spdif and get the same thing.

go into the console for the prelude and uncheck the dts connect (same thing happens if you select dd live!)and have vista speaker settings set to spdif as with pdvd or tnt whatever you use.

you should get whatever you are playing showing on your amp either DTS,DD or multi chan pcm (depending on the amp and its display).

Hope that helps.

Bc.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That was it!

You are the man. I was going crazy. Though I had to have that setting. Never crossed my mind to disable it to allow passthrough.

Thanks for that. Weeks of frustration are over... and I still have hair left!

John

1 - 6 of 6 Posts