AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this may be a rookie mistake, but I really need some help.

Right now I have a temp setup until I get my new HD Cable box.

Set up is as follows:

• Cable Box with Svideo to the Plasma. (pq- is great)

• Soon as I did that the speakers on the TV stopped working.

• Have digital Co-ax from the box to the amp for the sound.

• Only the digital channels pick up sound - not the standard ones. (thru amp - not TV, TV's speakers dont work now for some reason)

• Hooked up composite audio from the box to the amp for the standard channels, but still no luck for the audio. (going from the the box to the Video 2 ports)

So in summary - Audio only from the home speakers on the digital channels only - and no audio whatsoever from the tvs speakers.

Any help guys would be really appreciated. thanks!

·
Registered
22,264 Posts
With many digital cable boxes, only the digital channels will output digital audio. The box will not convert analog audio to PCM (digital).

What you will have to do is also connect the cable box to the A/V receiver (or TV) using a pair of RCA audio cables (red/white).

Also.... check the cable box and the A/V reciever's audio setup. Make sure they are not set to "fixed" Dolby Digital. See if there is an "auto" setting and/or PCM Stereo.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, I will check the box setup, couldnt get the setup to come up last night. I do have the RCA from the box to the amp with no luck ..

·
Registered
22,264 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanker7
• Hooked up composite audio from the box to the amp for the standard channels, but still no luck for the audio. (going from the the box to the Video 2 ports)!
Yep... my bad. I read "composite audio" and my brain saw "composite video".

(Probably because there is no such thing as composite "audio" :) )

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.