AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hi. First post for me.

I've searched the site for my specific problem(s) but only found some glancingly close posts. Please help

I basically have two problems at the moment. 

1) All started with coming into the man cave and seeing a UE22 error flashing on the front panel of the receiver. Took a while but found out that it meant their was a firmware upgrade error (that I didn't ask for). Following instructions I attempted to upgrade the firmware again (over WiFi) several times (~30min at a time) and each time same error. Using alternate firmware upgrade method, I downloaded the upgrade to a USB stick (formatted as per instructions) and attempted upgrade to no avail. I must have tried 30 times so far, with amp reboots between tries... grrr.

2)Still having the firmware upgrade problem, but now the amp doesn't seem to recognize that there are speakers attached so no sound (video seems ok). I don't get a visual indication on the front showing any speakers attached (usually automatic, say 5.1 for a movie, stereo for a CD) notwithstanding I've set the speakers up on the menu (5.1 with Bi-Amp F & C). Running the MCACC only goes as far as the volume going to 0db then please wait flashing on the amp and screen.

Really getting frustrated as it's been at least three weeks without a man cave. Anybody out there really smart about this. Hoping that it isn't a hardware issue and the problem is 2 ft in front of the amp.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Hi Terry,

Tried the factory reset thing multiple times. Still no sound (six weeks now - gave up for a while). I'm really not that concerned with the firmware upgrade (unless that's the core problem is but I doubt it as it's worked with the factory version before). I'm thinking, is there another 'factory reboot' or perhaps setting that could be done to get it to recognize ANY speakers. I've tried a few speaker settings on the amp that are not actually the way I have then wired just to see if I can get a peep out of them.

I'll go try another factory reset...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

After many more wasted hours of thinking that the problem was 2ft in front of the SC57, in frustration I called Pioneer Canada. After listening to the symptoms he said that likely the audio board is toast and to bring it in for repair. The tech mentioned that the 1st clue was the fact of having a UE22 error and the kicker was that the Amp wasn't producing any sound during the MCACC calibration (just said 'please wait').

Haven't got it repaired yet but that's what Pioneer said was the answer for that one. 

Hope this helps for anyone having the same issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Cost to repair the UE22 issue?

I have an Elite SC-55 and just got the UE22 today. Updated the firmware but no change to the lack of audio as described by OP. Has anyone actually gotten this fixed and have an idea of what it costs in the end? I saw another post mention $750 which is about half of what it cost to buy it new. Anyone confirm the cost?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts