AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, you've managed to answer previous HTPC questions I've had in the past, and now I have a new one.

My current setup Audio-wise from my PC to receiver is from my Analog Audio Jacks on my Sound Card to my Ext. In. on my Receiver (You know, the Analog 6-channel RCA connectors). Now, this works fine and dandy except for one, minor nitpick.

No bass. And it's kind of hard to hear a grenade explode behind you without Bass, am I right? :p

How do I go about getting proper bass response? Everything else works fine, even the Center channel. It's just the bass that doesn't work. And yes, the subwoofer itself works with my other equipment, including a DVD Player hooked up to Ext. In. I used to test it. So I know it isn't the receiver.

Current Audio setup is an ASUS A8N-SLI Motherboard using the Realtek ACL850 Audio Codec, though I also have a Sound Blaster Live! card that I used before my upgrade. If someone can figure out solutions for both cards, I'd be grateful.

Thanks in advance.

P.S.: I know I can hook up through Digital, but then it's only 2.0 channel sound, put through Dolby Pro Logic ][. I want real 5.1 sound though, if possible. If you can find a cheap/free solution for Digital using the S/PDIF output on my motherboard, you get bonus points. But for now, I just want my floor-pounding Bass!

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
To get bass you will need to enable a "Redirect frequency" type option. On my audigy 2 there is an option for "bass redirection". This tells it at what point it should send the signal to the sub channel. If this is not enabled, I get pitiful bass. PITA if you ask me.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't have a "Redirect Bass" option on either my Sound Blaster Live! or my Realtek ACL850. Anyone have another option?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.