AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A true newbie here. i have a Panasonic 54V10 and the Panasonic BT200 HTiB. Cable comes into the house through Scientific Atlantic HD box. Set up is as follows: HDMI connects STB to TV. HDMI connects home theater to TV. Optical cable connects STB to home theater (STB slot). Here's the problem - no sound from TV through home theater speakers. I get great sound & picture playing Blu Ray discs. AM & FM stations also come in loud & clear. I have tried switching ther audio cable over to the TV and the TV in connection on the home theater and still no sound. Any thoughts? It is pretty frustrating having to watch TV w/no sound! Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I ran into the a similar problem when setting up my system: TC-P50V10 w/ HTIB SC-BT300. I would recommed the following:

For the BT300 there are two inputs for the optical digital audio: D-IN1 if from the TV and D-IN2 if from the STB, if the inputs are similar (which I believe) make sure you are plugged into DV 2 and also make sure that your "EXT IN" is for D-IN2 (STB).

I hope this helps and please pass along any useful information as I am new to all of this too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts