AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not getting any sound for the HD feed (Emperor's New Groove) on ABC. This has happened to me before. I am getting sound with CBS however.

Is this my fault or is something wrong at the station?

Thanks!

Scott

·
Registered
136 Posts
I only watched for about a 1/2 hour but it was fine for me. Did you have problems w/Alias? I watched that, and it was fine except for a couple of breakups.

--JD

·
Registered
330 Posts
abc transmits in 5.1. any hdtv shows they broadcast are 5.1. depending on your box - you may need to change its audio settings. on the dtc 100 there is an auto select switch that passes either 2 channel digital(cbs) or 5.1 on abc. the fact that you get the video - the audio is going along for the ride.

levytv

·
Premium Member
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm using the HiPix board in my PC. Perhaps it doesn't convert the 5.1 audio down to 2-channel (I'm watching on my computer). If so, this is disappointing!

·
Premium Member
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Unfortunately, I think that it only passes through the 5.1 signal instead of actually decoding it :(

·
Registered
111 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Pultzar
I'm not getting any sound for the HD feed (Emperor's New Groove) on ABC. This has happened to me before. I am getting sound with CBS however.

Is this my fault or is something wrong at the station?
Sometimes with KOMO I lose sound when they switch to or from 5.1 to stereo. Switching to another channel and then back again brings the sound back (seems to take about a minute from when the audio switches before changing the channels works as a fix though).

FWIW, my STB is a Toshiba DST-3000 (it may be that the audio problem is only with some STBs).

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm experiencing the same problem with no audio on KOMO with the HiPix. It only happens when they are broadcasting 5.1; stereo broadcasts seem to work fine. I pass the audio through to my receiver for decoding rather than have the HiPix do it, so it's not a problem with the HiPix failing to decode the audio or convert it to stereo.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.