AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished building my first subwoofer and I am having problems getting sound out of the receiver. I have the RCA sub pre-out running into an art cleanbox then to a crown CE1000 via XLR cables and then to the sub with a speakon cable. I have tried a hard reset with no luck. I bypassed the receiver and put my ipod directly into the cleanbox and it worked fine. My old JBL sub is having no problems though, so I'm thoroughly confused now. My receiver is a Denon AVR-2807 if that matters.

·
Registered
30,708 Posts
Ummm. What are you playing? Is the Denon programmed with bass management and the speakers set to small? Many more questions.........................

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried both large and small setting, I played sine waves and bass heavy music, the bass management is set to LFE+Main with a crossover of 80Hz. I haven't tried a dvd yet though.

·
Registered
30,708 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Dude /forum/post/14264918

I tried both large and small setting, I played sine waves and bass heavy music, the bass management is set to LFE+Main with a crossover of 80Hz. I haven't tried a dvd yet though.

From what source were you playing these? Did you try the Audyssey setup? You should get tones from the sub.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts