AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having a problem here that I cant figure out. I cannot get the 2700 to output audio when using the raw audio mode from a Oppo 970. Here is how it is set up:

Oppo 970 to DVDO VP30 connected via HDMI. VP30 to projector via HDMI. Audio from VP30 to Yammy 2700 via optical cable.

Plays fine if I use PCM but I want to use raw bitstream to utilize the 2700 decoding. The DVDO website says it will pass raw bitstream no problem from HDMI to optical.

Any suggestions at all? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelHL /forum/post/0

Having a problem here that I cant figure out. I cannot get the 2700 to output audio when using the raw audio mode from a Oppo 970. Here is how it is set up:

Oppo 970 to DVDO VP30 connected via HDMI. VP30 to projector via HDMI. Audio from VP30 to Yammy 2700 via optical cable.

Plays fine if I use PCM but I want to use raw bitstream to utilize the 2700 decoding. The DVDO website says it will pass raw bitstream no problem from HDMI to optical.

Any suggestions at all? Thanks.

Any reason for not using 2700 to switch both audio and video? You could connect Oppo 970 to 2700 using HDMI and them 2700 to VP30.

Another alternative can be to use HDMI for video only and connect Oppo 970 to 2700 using an optical cable for audio.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.