AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think that this is codec related but I haven't found way to solve it.

I am using 7MC x64 RTM. I installed 64 bit ffdshow, Haali Splitter.

I have a video file names sample.ts which has DTS audio track. I can play it using MPC-HC. However when I play it using WMP/7MC, video plays fine but no sound is played. I do see ffshow audio icon appeared on the system tray area.

GraphStudio shows correct graph as below and if I click play on GraphStudio, both video and audio are playing fine.

I also tried using MCDU tool to change the default "Microsoft DTV-DVD Audio Decoder" to "ffdshow Audio Decoder". However, when I tried t play the file in 7MC, I got error message "Can not open the video file".

Anyone can point out a directio nfor me to go? This is the only video file with DTS audio track. All other video files have AC-3 audio track and those work fine.

·
Premium Member
16,132 Posts
TS with DTS audio track -> no audio in Media Foundation framework. (I am not sure why you see the ffdshow Audio Decoder icon in the system tray.)

Basically playing back TS files in 7MC/WMP12 is the same as M2TS. Following A Quick Guide to Playing M2TS in WMP12/7MC could fix the issue.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
THanks RENETHX for the reply. Actually it doesn't seem to work for me for this particular file. I wonder whether there is some compatibility issue related with ffdshow audio decoder. Remember that it works well with MPC-HT and in GraphStudio.

BY the way, I found two other TS/MKV file with DTS audio track which I can play with WMP12/7MC without applying above change described by RENETHX. The audio decoder used when playing is ffdshow audio decoder even I don't do anything. I am using 7MC x64 RTM.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts