AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone please explain the settings I need in order to get sound from this card and where I need to change the settings in order to watch tv with the AIW card?

·
Registered
196 Posts
I have the same setup. You have to click the "enable Monitoring" box in the "Input/Other" tab of the Revo control panel. This will only work while the Revo control panel is open. You close it and it turns off. This will get you sound, but it wont be synced properly to the picture. You also have to have the dongle attached to the line in on the revo. The problem with the sound syncing with the picture is supposed to be fixed with a driver update for the revo, but we have been hearing that for some time now and I am getting very tired of waiting for it. Other than that one gripe with the Revo I am very happy with this sound card.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you referring to the dongle that came with the AIW card? If so, can you please explain all the necesary connections as I am lost (i.e. receiver to revo, revo to aiw, etc) Does the m-audio control panel have to remain open ALL the time and if so do I have to check enable monitoring each time?!?

·
Registered
75 Posts
I too am experiencing M AUDIO Revolution problems

I cannot get TV TUNER sound w/o unplugging and plugging to the another sound card. Then it is out of sync.

I cannot get VHS sound to the Sound card even with the dongle....and when I use the computer's other sound card it is out of sync

I cannot get the 7.1 sound to work correctly and the output to the amps is very LOW

I cannot get the SUB or Center channels to work AT ALL!

There is lots of NOISE and hum through the speakers from the MINI PLUG to RCA cables...I do not like Mini Plugs to get the signal to my amplifiers

What am I doing wrong?

Please help!

THANKS!

BARRY

·
Registered
54 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Shelbrain
Are you referring to the dongle that came with the AIW card? If so, can you please explain all the necesary connections as I am lost (i.e. receiver to revo, revo to aiw, etc) Does the m-audio control panel have to remain open ALL the time and if so do I have to check enable monitoring each time?!?
Someone with the m-audio card please rephrase this as necessary. The AIW 8500DV comes with a 3' cable that has a square connector at one end that plugs into the back of the AIW 8500 card and at the other end a connector with support for input from Firewire and for NTSC and Stereo audio, on the other side of this same connector it has phono connectors for NTSC output, Stereo audio output and an S-Video connector for S-Video output (no S-Video input).

At the end with the square connector there are two short wires with mini stero jacks on them, one that is just a mini jack (line-out) and a second that has a stero jack socket on the back side, so it can be daisy chained. The daisy chain plug goes into the speaker out of the sound card with the speakers plugged in to the back of it (assuming the simple case of a 2.1 speaker configuration), the single mini plug goes into the mic or line-in of the sound card.

You need the mic/line-in one plugged in to get any sound at all. If you are using an NTSC or S-Video TV as a second display you must also have the daisy chained line plugged into the speaker out to get the Audio back out to the other end of the cable (and I find you also must have the volume level set pretty high).

Hope that helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.