AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi from Spain, i've got a winfast 4xsound (8738 from C-media), and i can't use the spdif output with xp, I have downloaded the last drivers from C-media, but the OS doesn't reconize the chipset, no spdif it says.

can anybody helps me.

thanks

·
Registered
336 Posts
I'm having the same problem. I just upgraded to XP, downloaded the XP drivers and was downgraded to no SPDIF as well. Have you been able to solve the problem? Anybody?

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
My friend had the same problem. To fix it you need to get into your cmedia control pannel (for the life of me i can't remember how i did it), and enable spdif through that application.

Sorry i can't be more specific. If you are still having troubles let me know ad i'll drop by my friends house with the winfast 4x and check it out.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I did manage to find the control panel, it was in the winfast program group. However when I select SPDIF out and close the control panel it doesn't stick. If you could find out which driver version your friend is using that might be helpful, or what he might have done to make the SPDIF selection stick. Thanks gooki.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
I had the same poroblem TWICE, but it worked both

times after I installed a certain file. I can't remember

where I got it, but if you like I would happy to email

it to you. It's called 4xsound blahblah 46.6k. The ac3

worked RIGHT AWAY.

Nicholas

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi,

I am new here. I have a leadtek winfast 6.1 card.

It was many months since I installed XP and the required driver to get the sound card working. I recalled downloading this file, "C-Media XP_ME Driver+Audio Rack" from Cmedia website.

Try it out and see if it works.

Currently, I can output both DTS and DD signal thru' the spdif to my denon AVR1602 for decoding. The sound is quite good but not as good as from my PS2, which I output using toslink cable.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Thanks Nich, if you could send me that file it would be great. My e-mail address is [email protected] .

I did download the drivers from the cmedia website. It still didn't recognize the SPDIF out put. The media rack was a separate file. When I tried to open that it said one of the files was corrupt and to try downloading again. I did and still got the same error.

I have since uninstalled Windows XP for the time being. I can't have my DVD player crippled with no digital out. I'll look into it again next weekend when I have more time off. I have to say one thing for XP, it sure made it easy to revert back to my old OS. That was pretty slick, just like it never happened.:D

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi,

For those who manage to get Cmedia mixer working. Here's how you output the signal thru' SPDIF:

1) Click/highlight the "vol" button and not the "Rec" button

Click the advance button, which is symbolise by a "hammer"

2) Choose the "speaker" menu - then click on the radio button for "2 speakers". If you click on the radio button for 4 speakers or 5.1 speakers, the SPDIF playback will not be available to you.

3) In the same menu, under option, check the button for SPDIF playback

4) Choose the "SPDIF" menu, and in the output check the button for SPDIF playback. Also choose the appropriate sampling rate. 44.1 KHZ for CD and 48 KHZ normally for DTS.

If you are playing powerDVD or WinDVD, remember also to enable SPDIF playback. For PowerDVD, choose configuration - choose audio menu, under audio output, choose "use SPDIF" (Note that the player must be in stop mode before the output option is available to you). Good luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.