AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
I had no sound at all from my surrounds.I sent mine back to dvdempire and they just emailed me back to say they sent my new copy out this mourning.

·
Registered
714 Posts
OK, I finally got around to watching this last night ...

I watched this on a 40" 16x9 Toshiba and listened with a Yamaha digital receiver ...

I didn't really notice much EE, definitely not enough for me to scream about it ... there was a little ringing in a couple scenes, like in a couple outfits of Momma gump though. Overall though, I was happy with the transfer.

The sound, though mostly front speaker driven, was fine to me. I heard plenty of rear speaker action during the Vietnam war scenes and during the football scenes as well as a couple other scenes, so I don't know what all the hub bub is about ...

My biggest complaint about this movie (which I still mostly love) is the scenes where Tom Hanks was put into the old footage and they tried to drop words into people's mouths or morph the mouth. When Kennedy talks, when Lyndon Johnson talks ... awful. I thought so then, I still think so now. I remember back when the movie came out, there was this perfume commercial (Chanel NO. 5?) where they had Marilyn Monroe talking about the perfume or whatever and it looked pretty damn good. I remember thinking to myself "why in the hell didn't they use this technology for Gump?" ... at the very least, they should go back in and fix this with today's technology. The quality is really poor and really brings down the movie for me ... I just don't buy it

·
Registered
8,441 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Crow331:
...I heard plenty of rear speaker action during the Vietnam war scenes and during the football scenes as well as a couple other scenes, so I don't know what all the hub bub is about ...

Go back and lesten agian. This time get up and walk back to your rear speakers. You will hear almost no sound during the Vietnam war scenes or during the football scenes. If you do hear sounds you are not listening in 5.1 mode.

------------------
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?...nce=0&res=high

William

[This message has been edited by William (edited 09-18-2001).]

[This message has been edited by William (edited 09-18-2001).]

41 - 44 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.