AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
No Surround Soundbars With Excellent Audio

Hello all! I'll be buying a new home soon, and naturally that means I need a new soundbar to compliment the new digs. I've got a Panasonic VT60 and I want better range and significantly improved dialogue clarity over the TV speakers.

My main requirement is that I don't care for or want virtual surround sound. I don't like it and I feel it detracts from movie watching.

I've narrowed it down to three choices (but I'm open to other suggestions) -

Definitive Studio W: the least expensive one, and my favorite design. However, they focus heavily on their virtual surround prowess. Can anyone speak to the sound quality without the surround enabled?

Paradigm SHIFT Soundscape: seems to be at the top of everyone's list. I really like that it has a center channel speaker.

DALI Kubik One: love the design! It only has a left and right channel and not a center channel as the Paradigm does. I do like that it gets rave reviews and doesn't even offer a fake surround mode.

Help! Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Hello all! I'll be buying a new home soon, and naturally that means I need a new soundbar to compliment the new digs. I've got a Panasonic VT60 and I want better range and significantly improved dialogue clarity over the TV speakers.

My main requirement is that I don't care for or want virtual surround sound. I don't like it and I feel it detracts from movie watching.

I've narrowed it down to three choices (but I'm open to other suggestions) -

Definitive Studio W: the least expensive one, and my favorite design. However, they focus heavily on their virtual surround prowess. Can anyone speak to the sound quality without the surround enabled?

Paradigm SHIFT Soundscape: seems to be at the top of everyone's list. I really like that it has a center channel speaker.

DALI Kubik One: love the design! It only has a left and right channel and not a center channel as the Paradigm does. I do like that it gets rave reviews and doesn't even offer a fake surround mode.

Help! Thank you in advance.

Same thing here. VT60 and don't need virtual surround. have a pioneer sb23 right now which is actually awesome with music and great with sound but dialog can be a problem especially with bluerays???

I am mainly looking at goldenear supercinima but focal dimension followed by soundscape are on the list too.

First time I've seen the Dali, looks like a sonos knockoff haha.

Not much help:p

·
Registered
407 Posts
I have the Definitive Studio W and like the sound (it's not my 5.1 Dali home theater system, but it doesn't pretend to be). Give it a listen and I think you'll be surprised at how good it sounds -- and it is pretty clear, even with the "surround" processing on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.