AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the questions it appears you must consider is if you want all your traffic into the basement to pass through the theater? Or, are the steps going the other direction?

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Steve,

Wow look what all popped up above, while I was drawing.

Steve your seating looks out of scale (too small) so be careful you don't fool yourself.

BUT

I see a plan C. Take the first wall plan and the second plans layout of seating and screen. I notice you kept the 3 seat sofa up front but a 2 seat up front might work better in this configuration. Put a swing door about midway on that left wall. Now you can build a nice riser for the rear and maybe have room for a little bar area on the left side.

I DREW IT BUT CAN"T PASTE IT BACK IN. DA$%$%%$%$%!!

HOW DID YOU PASTE IN YOUR DRAWING????

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Steve,

That's what I had in mind. I would put a regular door mid-room and move the surrounds back even with the second row. Yes the screen - right surround is farther away but I would not be too concerned. At most it might need to be a slight amount louder. Maybe not at all.

How did you post your drawings?

·
Registered
976 Posts
I like the setup you have in the Full basement layout.. I think you've also got a good setup for a nice stage area and columns.. Just out of curiousity what program do you use for those designs? or do you draw them yourself?

Chris

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Hi Steve-

Would it be possible to 'steal' more space where you show the 'Audio' cabinet/room, and go with the wider room layout? If this is possible, then maybe you could build out a stage to the near the same depth.

Then either have equipment under stairs or at opposite end of room.

Bruce

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.