AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Same feelings here although it's a bit better over here. LT150 was being offered somewhere near 5000 USD until last week.

I called NEC and informed about warranty for US import- at that time 2700 USD seemed a good deal. The waranty will not be honored here but then at 1700 USD I would be delighted to take the risk. The NEC sales manager also volunteered the info that they have 0,8% returns of which the majority is due to shattered lamps which can be fixed easily.

Sad thing is that I realized too late that my niece went to the US for a post whatever degree. By then DELL already cancelled the deal. :+( Yuk.

We now got a drop in prices so it is close to 2700 USD - sorry Alan for that difference I'm not willing to give up my warranty.

The sales manager also said the LT150z should be shipping end of August. It would not be more expensive than the LT150 and would have an ECO mode although I'm not sure what it does to lamp life so I'm now looking forward to that one.

p.s. the good news is that there will be a lot of NEC expertise on this forum shortly. Not that we can complain now.

Jan

·
Registered
267 Posts
Try living in the correct contry and buying the LT150 two and a half weeks earlier for the then good price of $3200...

I was bummed when the price dropped to $2700 the week after I bought. Last week's activities ate a hole through my stomach http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/frown.gif

------------------

Tom L.

My stuff, LT150, HTPC, and screen tests

·
Registered
255 Posts
Pricedrops always have two sides, the happy people that did not buy the product or could afford it and now have an opportunity and the sad people who just bought one and see their money go up in smoke. This will always happen with electronics. One way to be sure not to spend to much money is never to buy it new in the first place and if you did buy it: don't look what the prices do cause they will drop anyway that's for sure. I always thought till now that cars were the summon in throwing away fast amounts of money, buy them new and sell them next year, now I know a better one: projectors. It's time that projectors came out of the exclusive market and went to main stream consumer electronics, that would drop prices and keep them reasonably stable. Afterall one DLP chip costs $100, the lamp costs $500 (manufacturers ask $120), the lenssystem including colorwheelsystem costs $200,electr. PCB $250 casing packiging $100. Why should these little monsters cost $5000 in the first place???? even $1700 is overpriced, all I can think is RIPOFF!!!!!! Uh yes I would have bought one at $1700 if i had the chance, but I am just trying to make a point that there is a lot of margin in the prices and it's time that these margins are shifting in the customers direction.

just my 2 cents.....

[This message has been edited by Kjelt (edited 07-26-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Kjelt (edited 07-26-2001).]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.