Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. Yes, it was part of the rebate.

2. I got my gift card right at the store because I was an existing DTV customer and gave them my account number and told them I don't want to wait.

Kirill

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by jeffthurmont
If your and existing customer how could you get the card. They told me that you had to be a new customer to dtv. Jeff
.. because that disclamer was not in my local BB ad. So I spoke with the store maneger and got my card on the spot :)

Kirill

·
Registered
47 Posts
I went around and around with this issue with the store manager and after careful evaluation there was nothing that indicated that the offer was for new customers only. I got a letter back informing me that all my info was not sent. They returned everything and low and behold everything they wanted was there. I called the rebate center and talked to them they agreed and gave me a case # to refer to the phone call. At no time has anyone ever mentioned to me that I needed to be new to D*. My general observation concerning BB's rebate is to keep calling, you will eventually find someone who knows what they are doing or in the least get tired of hearing from you. In conclusion I am pretty darn sure that that add specific to the TS 160 said nothing about new subscribers only. The add was confusing because it had another offer in the same D* and that one did require a subscription. I went as far as to have a manager give me a note to honor the rebate in case the rebate center gave it the thumbs down, so far I haven't had to go that far but with BB you know you got the rebate when its in your hands. Good luck.

·
Banned
535 Posts
I will try again later to convince them of their mistake. I thought it said nothing about being new customer and I guess i was correct. Thanks for the replys I will try again. Jeff

·
Registered
37 Posts
Don't you just hate those rebates! The time and effort I have gone through seems to always outweigh the rebate benefit.

The electronic manufacturers and stores like rebates because some people never get around of submitting them.. also people give up with the hassle.

I just got a check form Intuit for a rebate and it looked like junk mail. I am sure it was packaged this way to get some people to chuck it without opening it.

Anyway - good luck with Best Buy.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Jeff,

You probably won't get far with the rebate center. I think BB just hires a clearing house to do this work and the less they give back, the better for them and BB. I had a similar problem with BB back in January. I wrote a nastygram to the rebate center and cc'd the consumer relations center. I told them how much I had spent and that I wanted my freekin' $25.00 rebate because I was about $25.00 short on my next purchase of a TS-160 and a 3 LNB dish. It ended up that I got a check from consumer relations and the rebate center !!! I got the dish and the 160 from Tweeter, but I did buy a couple of DVD's from BB.

Best Buy Consumer Relations

PO Box 9312

Minneapolis, Minn. 55440

Give it a try !!

·
Banned
535 Posts
Thanks for the suggestions. I am going to call today and argue. I feel 90% sure that the ad that I read said nothing about being a new customer. $100 bucks is a lot of money and I feel that Best Buy is playing games. JEff

·
Registered
704 Posts
I don't think that BB can activate it. You have to plug in the card, hook it up to the TV , and then call D* to get it activated. Wait until Saturday when the store is full, go in and stand in the middle of the floor, and scream for the manager !!! You are getting the runaround, partner !!

·
Registered
704 Posts
Did you at least get to scream and run off some customers ?? I did that once in a Ford dealership down here in Houston. Walking out with my check was good, but I got satisfaction that I "steered a few customers" another way. Payback for my heartache !! Glad it worked out for you.

Bill

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.