AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Even if you purchase an "older" 65H80 you can receive a remote control which will "fix" the 3/2 pulldown issue (according to Toshiba tech support). I expect mine in the mail in about two weeks. As far as my satisfaction level with the 65H80...a lot of tweaking initially, just installed my HD dish and receiver (DishNetwork)...had to do a complete service convergence for the HD display...and NOW I can say I am satisfied.

·
Registered
284 Posts
What is the difference between the 65H80 and the TW65X81, other than price? And why is the TW65X81 no longer displayed on Toshiba's site?

------------------

My current entertainment setup:

Panasonic 27" TV, Toshiba SD-3109 DVD Player (connected via S-Video), Aiwa Dolby Pro Logic Mini-Surround System, Super NES, Nintendo 64, Sega Dreamcast, Sony PlayStation 2...(and more to come!)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by tooniverse:
What is the difference between the 65H80 and the TW65X81, other than price? And why is the TW65X81 no longer displayed on Toshiba's site?
The TW##H80 lineup was from 1998.

The TW##X81 lineup was from 1999.

The ##H80 lineup was from 2000.

The ##H81 lineup is new for 2001.

P.S. Don't confuse TW##H80 with ##H80 - they aren't the same!

·
Registered
284 Posts
What about the DW65X91? That seems to have been discontinued also. Why did it cost so much more than the other models?

------------------

My current entertainment setup:

Panasonic 27" TV, Toshiba SD-3109 DVD Player (connected via S-Video), Aiwa Dolby Pro Logic Mini-Surround System, Super NES, Nintendo 64, Sega Dreamcast, Sony PlayStation 2...(and more to come!)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.