AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which store was this? The one in WPB or the one in Deerfield?

I was at the WPB store this weekend and the guy there offered to sell the DST-3000 tagged as $698 for $498. I wasn't buying at the time so I didn't beat him up on the price. How much convincing did you have to do to get the price so low? http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

Did you get component cables too? If so, how much?

Thanks!

Mike

PS: How many digital stations are you able to receive? I live way out west by 441 and Lake Worth Rd. Not sure how many I will be able to pick-up.

[This message has been edited by GNXClone (edited 09-18-2001).]

·
Registered
807 Posts
I think that there must be a lot of margin in the DST3000. Video Only, a local discount AV store, has them listed on the shelf for $449 with no programming committment required.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Did they require a new activation on purchase ?

Thanks,

------------------

Sergio R.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I think this has been asked before, but will VideoOnly ship via mail order out of state?

The best other price I've found is Spectravox's $569.00

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the reply HTnut!

I was going to do the mail order deal from Video Only, but they will not accept credit card orders over the phone, you must send payment via check or M.O. At $430, it makes sense to go to a local store even having to pay sales tax.

I have to wonder, why are these STB's suddenly so cheap? Are they going to be outdated soon?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'd love to buy it locally for $430.00, but haven't been able to find it anywhere near that low in Houston. Best Buy has it for $699. Circuit City has it for the same price.

I'll give VideoOnly a call to see if they will ship.

Thanks,

Brad

·
Registered
10 Posts
Called the San Mateo store of Video Only. John Holmes was off today, but they had him call me back within about 10 minutes. They will ship w/cred card payment today.

He was very friendly and knowledgeable.

He also mentioned that the extra sales his store has had because of AVS members has allowed his store a higher allotment from Toshiba.

Price was $450 plus $15 shipping.

Saves me over $200 vs buying locally.

Now on to Blockbuster for the Para Todos deal. Can't wait for HDNet and HD-HBO. Not to mention CBS college football starts Saturday.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.