AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, here is my take on this Tv{I have this tv for one week now}....if you are not going to watch High defenition broadcasts for now....don't buy it. that is my simple take.. the regular channels look ok to bad.....why spend money for that???.....get it only if you have access to HD channels. because in my opinion that is what makes this tv great, the HD part , it very clear , colors are great and the sound is quite good !! but to watch regular channels..only the colors are good...!! I can't respond to the DVD watching part..cos I don't have a DVD player..so I wouldn't know how good it is with DVD!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Mike,

I've gone through two of the XBR960's and finally settled on a plasma. You can't go wrong with the XBR960 just as long as you get the more recent serial numbers. I would feel confident that most of the early build problems have been worked out.

You mentioned you don't mind waiting two years to get a larger HD set because you mainly watch SD and DVDs. With your current viewing preferences I would give the Panasonic commerical plasma line a look. You will be able to get the 37" and 42" PWD7UY models for less money than the XBR960. You could then put the savings towards buying a video scaler such as something from DVDO to scale the digital cable picture. The standard scaling of the plasma and XBR960 will be similar but the DVDO scaler would be far superior.

The 42" PWD7UY is almost the exact same size (width and height) as the XBR960 but about 16" thinner :).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.