AVS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I caught Alice last night in 2D since the 3D and Imax showings were sold out and was really looking forward to the Tron Legacy trailer before the movie. Unfortunately I was subjected to every tent pole movie Disney has in store for this year except Tron Legacy!! Did anyone else not get the trailer? I'm trying to determine if the trailer was only showing in 3D and Imax theaters.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by plain fan /forum/post/18265322

I caught Alice last night in 2D since the 3D and Imax showings were sold out and was really looking forward to the Tron Legacy trailer before the movie. Unfortunately I was subjected to every tent pole movie Disney has in store for this year except Tron Legacy!! Did anyone else not get the trailer? I'm trying to determine if the trailer was only showing in 3D and Imax theaters.

It isn't coming out until December, so they want to promote what's in the immediate future. I really wanted to see the motorcycle trailer on the big screen too, but like your viewing, our screening didn't show it. Too bad.

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
There's another thread for Alice but I just came back from seeing it and was pleased with it.

·
Registered
820 Posts
They previewed it before our showing of AIWL.... It looks freaking cool... A lot probably had to do with us seeing it in 3D and on the big IMAX screen.... I am officially stoked to see this!

·
Registered
581 Posts
As far as I know, the trailer only went out with the 3D version of the movie. Even then, the "attached" trailer was TOY STORY 3. So even the 3D theaters are not required to show it if they don't want to.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
I just saw AIWL 3-D (meh) but the trailer for Tron Legacy was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! Daft Punk is doing the music in it too. I'm very excited.

·
Registered
12,185 Posts
I thought the trailer was good, but the movie appears as if it will be a lot darker than the original. All of the environmental colors were dull and muted instead of the glowing vibrancy of the first film. Even the brief performances shown seemd to be brooding, and the soundtrack matched the mood. I got a Dark Knight vibe out of it, but it may be somewhat different in the final release.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts