AVS Forum banner

No video from any inputs with Onkyo TX-SR508

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  jdsmoothie 
#1 ·
I recently received a factory refurbished Onkyo receiver. While the condition appeard to be brand new, I am having a problem viewing ANY video except the 480i 'setup' screen and the Audessey setup guide. I've swapped cables and tried a different TV with no improvement. I have a BD, Uverse HD box, and a DVR device plugged in via HDMI, but I can't see or hear anything when selecting either device. (Direct connection to TV tests HDMI devices are OK.)

I've also tried the component inputs from the BD and changed the setup but still no audio or video.

I have an analog (TT) plugged into the 'game' input which sounds fine. I've moved this over to the other inputs to test for analog sound, which also works.

The HDMI ports 1-3 are all set to active with the normal devices, but no signals seem to be making it through. Am I missing something in the setup for this receiver?

Also: The 'setup' menu only displays on the TV when an analog input is active. (i.e. No setup video when a digital AV input is active) Is this normal behavior for this line of Onkyo's?

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.