AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

My receiver has worked perfectly for years and this is my first attempt to connect to the component video jacks (Monitor out).  So I believe the receiver is functional and this is an operator error issue (me). The owners manual doesn't devote much space to the monitor our jacks (page 15) but I've tried everything that I can think of.

Is it possible that the receiver needs to be set to a certain function to get video from the "monitor out" jacks, or that certain combinations (e.g., HDMI connections) are not allowable?  I've tried several component video cables and sound output options. Even hooked to the component in connections of different hardware PVR and TV).  Again, I believe that this is a simple matter of having the right connections and settings enabled but I've spent hours troubleshooting this with no success.

Thanks

·
Registered
15,044 Posts
Your guess that the AVR's HDMI input cannot be transcoded to Component video is correct. It's not a technical problem, but rather a licensing one. The studios really don't want you to do it.

In order to get a Component video signal out, you need to provide a Component video signal in.

There are some external HDMI-to-component video converters, but I've seen mixed reviews of them. e.g. http://www.amazon.com/Loftek%C2%AE-HDfuryproTwo-Component-Converter-Surround/dp/B009YP7Y56/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1397072799&sr=8-4&keywords=hdmi+to+component

Reactions: lbeck

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Thanks for the great response.  I should've checked here before spending so much time trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Lee

1 - 3 of 3 Posts