AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I connected my laptop to my new Panny LCD TV, and tried running one of the Divx files on my computer. I can see the Windows Media player opens, but the there is no video inside the player when I watch it on TV, but on laptop video is there. Same thing for DVDs using PowerDVD - I can see video on my laptop screen, but on TV it's blank. What gives?

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
On laptops, there is a button to switch between the laptop screen, or external displays.

Also, make sure you have the latest video drivers for your laptop graphics hardware.

·
Registered
5 Posts
You need to toggle the video signal out. When this is done the laptop screen will go dark and all video will be displayed on the receiving device. For instance on most compaq laptops you hold the function key while depressing f4. Hope it helps.

Non

·
Registered
916 Posts
I don't think tolink's problem was the selected output of the laptop. When I had my PC connected to a Monitor and the TV (via S-video), I couldn't get video on both screens at once using PowerDVD. One would always be black in the video where the movie would play. If I remember right, it had something to do with the the dual-monitor config in the ATI config (does the laptop use an ATI chipset?). Sorry, but I don't have that config anymore to check. Otherwise, WinDVD had no problems showing video on both screens simultaneously, I'm not sure why.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.