AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My UTV doesn't has video showup on the TV, then I take it to some repair guys ask them to check whats wrong, after 2 days, they told me the harddisk was dead!! :confused: , but I 'm not sure they're right or wrong, so I what to know if the harddisk dead will there be "no" video showup on the TV?? if so, can I fix this problem by change the harddisk ?? and where can I download the software (I'm using Hu card). any help??

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Hi,

If your hard drive were really "dead" you probably be getting a WebTV screen and prompting to get an update via the modem...

If you pull your Hard Drive and then repower your UTV (no hard drive) and the Video works then you'll want to double check your Hard Drive settings and connections...

I'd agree with NetworkTV that you should consider giving DTV a call and get a new P4 card and take advantage of the new features 3.7 (and any future upgrade) offer...

·
Registered
174 Posts
I had the exact same scenario happening to me...green light on, on the UTV, but no video signal to the TV.

This happening after I began having problems with the hard drive. I was able sometimes to get it past the "your internet terminal needs to be repaired " screen by unplugging the power to it, but occasionally I'd get to this point where the UTV would be powered up, and there would be nothing on the TV. The green light would blink whenever a button of the remote was pressed, but still...nothing on the TV.

Finally fixed by replacing the HD...

Charles

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Charles,

where can you get the software when you replace the old HD?? or anyone can send me the v3.5 software cause I haven't get my P4 yet!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.