AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Boy, I wish I could watch this. Wed 1PM on Showtime, OAR HDTV. If you want to see what Rod Steiger can do, look into this one. I still remember some scenes vividly years after seeing it. Too bad I have to work.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I know what you mean. HD timeshifting tools are just starting to come out. I for one can't wait for a good way to timeshift HBO and Showtime HD channels. --Karl

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
I'm gonna record this and I will report how it looks here.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Just got through watching my recording of this film. It was an excellent transfer, given the 35 YO age of the film. The film was a bit grainy but otherwise PQ was excellent, and colors were surprisingly vibrant...lots of great 60's scenes and dialog. The audio was 5.1 but I didn't notice much in the rear surrounds (to be expected for a 60's film I guess). The movie itself was certainly a tour-de-force for Rod Steiger, with strong supporting roles for George Segal and the incredibly beautiful Lee Remick (may she RIP). All in all a very enjoyable film, conjuring up memories of many great Hitchcock flicks. I would love to see some HD transfers of Hitch's best efforts that look as good as this film.

I believe this is the oldest HD-transferred film I've seen to date (released in 1968). Has anyone seen an older one?

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by RickD_99
I believe this is the oldest HD-transferred film I've seen to date (released in 1968). Has anyone seen an older one?
The Little Princess from 1939 has recently been shown on HDNet.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm jealous, RickD. I'll catch it someday. Thanks for the report.

·
Registered
800 Posts
The 1966 Batman (with Adam West and Burt Ward) was shown in HD on HBO in November 2000 (and possibly at other times).

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
And there were some early Bond movies and I have a whole bunch of classics in BS format such as Casablanca, From here to Eternity, and many more.

bb

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by bb1987
And there were some early Bond movies and I have a whole bunch of classics in BS format such as Casablanca, From here to Eternity, and many more.
What is the "BS format"?

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Bogney Baux
What is the "BS format"?
japanese digital Hi Vision (Broadcast Satellite).

bb

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.