Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys!

I have been running TheaterTek with 1.1 patch successfully for five months now using Win98SE with only minor problems; some movies wouldn't play, the PC would lock up occasionally, and the video adjust sliders didn't function at all.

The PC is a Pentium III/600, Radeon LE card, and a Creative Labs Soundblaster Live outputting analog stereo, no surround. We had loaded the 1.1 update a while ago, no problem. My pal Mark Macleod downloaded the other patches thru 079 and loaded those on Sunday. The video adjusters started working, that is good. Problem is, now I have random bursts of noise in the audio, from a few fast clicks to bursts of clicks of a quarter to half a second. Some scenes in Peacemaker gave multiple bursts of clicks; when I back up and replay that scene repeatedly the clicks repeat in the same fashion each time.

During tests last night, all the noise clicks seem to be in

the right audio channel, nothing in the left channel.

Any ideas for a remedy? I can live without the updates if

that is what it takes, guess I would have to deinstall/

reinstall for that, huh? Mark thinks the PC would run better

under Windows 2000, any comments there?

·
Registered
7,137 Posts
Tim - try posting this over at the (new) TheaterTek support forum found here . Andrew or someone else should be able to lead you in the right direction.

As for the Win2K upgrade from Win98se - I wouldn't bother. Yes, Win2K is a stabler environment but Win98se is a lot more 'HTPC' friendly and stability shouldn't be a problem unless you run tons & tons of different programs. My HTPC's dedicated to dvd playback via TheaterTek and I've had no problems with Win98se.

Kal

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Say Kal

Thanks for the tips, Andrew got back to me this morning with some other stuff to try.

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Guys!

This thing still isn't right. With the generous telephone assistance of Bob Sorel I reinstalled TheaterTek and the 079

patches, and the audio has the identical problems still. Audio CDs play without problems using Windows Media Player, but I still have noise bursts on DVDs, some worse than others. Any ideas? I was going to try reloading the Soundblaster drivers tonight.......

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Guys!

Can this be a unique problem? No one has chimed in over at the TT forum as of an hour ago......

·
Registered
7,137 Posts
Tim,

Not sure if this is a unique problem, but re-reading your original email at the top:

Quote:
Originally posted by tim
I have been running TheaterTek with 1.1 patch successfully for five months now using Win98SE with only minor problems; some movies wouldn't play, the PC would lock up occasionally, and the video adjust sliders didn't function at all.
I don't like the fact that the PC's crashing. You may have more serious problems lurking here.

Sorry, it's going to be very hard to anyone to pinpoint what the problem is.

Kal

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.