AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a Panasonic TH-42PX50U plasma manufactured in Mexico on November 2005. It is noisy. It emits an "electrical-sounding" buzz that I can hear sitting on my sofa about 6 feet away.

This is actually a replacement for another TH-42PX50U unit with the same problem but manufactured on August 2005.

Are there any TH-42PX50U owners in this Forum that can tell me about me about your experiences?

Is the buzzing noise a problem that an authorized service technician can solve?

I am hesistant to call the store for another replacement hoping to get a good unit. And, I do not like the image of any other flat panel available at the store with the exception of the Sony BRAVIA XBR 40-inch LCD which costs much more.

What to do?

·
Premium Member
18,307 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech-User
I just got a Panasonic TH-42PX50U plasma manufactured in Mexico on November 2005. It is noisy. It emits an "electrical-sounding" buzz that I can hear sitting on my sofa about 6 feet away. This is actually a replacement for another TH-42PX50U unit with the same problem but manufactured on August 2005. Is the buzzing noise a problem that an authorized service technician can solve?

I am hesistant to call the store for another replacement hoping to get a good unit. And, I do not like the image of any other flat panel available at the store with the exception of the Sony BRAVIA XBR 40-inch LCD which costs much more.
A few people here got two replacements with the 3rd one finally being silent! Keep having it replaced until you get a quiet one. Like most others here who have commented in the other dozen or so "Buzzing Panasonic" threads, mine is silent from a foot or two away so don't settle for anything less, and don't let Panasonic or the dealer tell you that buzzing at 6 feet is normal. Unless of course it's abnormal for it to be silent at 1-2 feet and they consider my set to be defective :D

Search this Flat Panel forum for Buzz and do another search for Buzzing and you'll find several existing threads and be able to rear other people's experiences in one sitting. The PX500U series also has reports of buzzing so check those threads as well.

Here's a thread with pictures of a Panny with the back removed and the offending part identified, but i can't find the thread:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=615023

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.