AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a HTPC in which I was using 3 Hauppauge PVR-250 capture cards. I changed over to 3 ATI Wonder 650 cards and now I'm getting herringbone noise in the captures that wasnt there when I was using the PVR-250s. Normal cable viewed without using the HTPC also has a clear signal. My HTPC is a 3.2 P4 Northwood with Intel 865PERL motherboard, 1 gig dual channel PC3200 memory and Gigabyte fanless 9600 Pro video card running XP Home SP2. For the video card I'm using the 7-1_xp_dd_ccc_wdm_enu.40211 Catalyst Control Center. The HTPC is using the Sage 6.019 PVR app and the ATI 6.13.10.225 drivers for the capture card. I tried to install the ATI control panel for the capture cards but the install failed so I went back to a disk image made before the failed install. The HTPC is connected to analog cable via Electroline 4-way splitter/amplifier.

Any idea as to whats wrong and how to fix it? Thanks.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I was also less than satisfied with the analog quality of the card when using the RF in. I finally went with an external tuner which cleaned up the picture significantly. Looking at your setup I see that this isn't really an option for you but I couldn't live with the quality I was getting. Details here.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.