AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am using a Pioneer DV-59AVi DVD player connected to my Sanyo PLV-Z2 via DVI cable.

Widescreen Anamorphic DVDs scale perfectly regardless of ratio. (image is amazing too)

Whenever I use a non-anamorphic DVD I cannot get the system to display the image in a non-distorted ratio with the exception of making the entire image centered in the screen at about 1/2 size. I believe I have tried every combination of settings on both the DVD player and the projector.

The problem also exists using an S-Video connection.

My question is would this problem be solved using a component connection on this combination of equipment?

·
Registered
80 Posts
I've been using a Bravo D1 with my Z2 for a couple weeks now and it does the same thing, I just have to use the zoom features on the DVD player to enlarge it, the quality is still quite good but it doesn't have the resolution of the higher quality anamorphic DVD's. So, to answer your quesiton, I don't think it is the connections as much as it is the software of the player, I hope this helps.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Sounds similar to my experience with a few older "widescreen" titles.

You can get around it, at least on my JVC, DVD player by selecting a 1.8 zoom factor.

Not ideal, no. But I think the problem is with the DVDs, not the Z2 scaling.

FWIW.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.