AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend a high end out door non directional uhf vhf antenna. I am new to this antenna thing and am hoping there is an option out there that does not require rotation.

I live in the sf area and have a big radio shack directional antenna and get all the analog dtv and hdtv stations just not on the same direction .. which requires rotation.

Just hoping there is a lazier option out there.

Thanks,

John

·
Registered
136 Posts
Get an antenna rotator from Radio Shack or Channel Master, so you don't have to manually rotate the antenna by hand.

This rotates N-S-E-W.

------------------

PeterDz

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
The problem with non-directional antennas is that they won't reject reflections (ghosts, multipath) coming from different directions. So if this is the case with your location, it won't give good results.

If you have line-of-sight to all the transmitters, it might work. You could check on www.antennaweb.org and see if they recommend a non-directional antenna. If that site doesn't, then changes of success with the current state of receiver technology is low.

------------------

You have a right to install OTA and dish antennas on property under your control.

See http://www.fcc.gov/csb/facts/otard.html

·
Registered
730 Posts
Exactly where do you live?

I live in Palo Alto and I have my monster Yagi Antenna pointed toward Sutro and yet I pick up 36 (located in Fremont I think) just fine. The only station I don't get easily is 11/12 and that's because they are far south and 180 degrees from my pointing direction. But it doesn't really matter because their material is multicast on another digital channel on Sutro.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I live on the North side of Potrero Hill, San Francisco ... pointing toward Twin Peaks ... even though there is about 100 feet of hill and houses between me and the Peaks ... reception is pretty good. I was just hoping that there was a good non direction antenna out there.

[This message has been edited by jsicoli (edited 07-05-2001).]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.