AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know if someone makes time shifting (PVR) software that does not use MPEG compression? Basically, I want to do time shifting, but I don't care about hard disk space or compression. I just want high quality picture. I'd like to use something like the Indeo codec with compression turned off. Good quality with HUGE files.

I currently have a PixelView PVR tuner card running inside a Celeron 1.2G with 512M ram and running WinDVR. The quality of time shifting with WinDVR is actually quite good, but my little Celeron is running at about 80% CPU with the mpeg settings I'm running.

Thanx.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Has anyone used Windows XP Media Center Edition? It's supposed to have PVR capabilities built for TV, Cable and Satellite.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've downloaded a trial version of WinDVR. (P.S. It's a pretty good piece of software if simple PVR functionality is what you want). Anyway, it gives me a great deal of control over the MPEG quality settings. I've managed to get it configured for low compression/high quality in MPEG-2 format. IT's running great on my Celeron 1.2G.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.