AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Better or worse is certainly a matter of opinion. Speakers need to be heard in your room so that you can determine if they're good or bad. My guess is that the onix speakers are very good for the money.

There are certainly plenty of testimonials on this site and on the AV123 site.

Another option would be atlantic technology's T75 or T75 package or

the Axiom Epic Midi package ($1,106)

·
Registered
7,482 Posts
I would go for the BUDGET BIGFOOT Package (tm):

1 RSC200 for center

2 RS150s for left and right.

I bet AV123 would give you a discount on this unofficial package.

What does the BUDGET BIGFOOT Package (tm) buy you?

1. You get an absolute world class center channel speaker. Remember 70% of most movie sound comes from the center channel!

2. Timber matched left and rights, that are arguably even better than the ELTs.

3. And you retain the ability to upgrade it for minimal cost ( you would only really have to upgrade your front 2 speakers to RS-550s)

So what about rear speakers (you ask)? Just throw whatever you already own in back/surround service, keep the volume on them low, until you can afford to move your RS150s to the rear, replaced by the excellent RS-550s.

:D

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
I have ELT's all over my house. I've got a pair in my office that I listen to all the time, and a full home theater setup in a bedroom. The sound from these little guys very smooth, balanced. and detailed, all virtues I listen for in speakers. All for the silly price AV123 gets for their products. I've heard or owned a lot of the other Internet brand speakers including Ascend, and personally prefer AV123 products to everything else out there in their corresponding niche. The guys at AV123 carry Denon receivers at a very reasonable price, and will be happy to match you up with the one you need.

As John mentioned though, they make it easy to upgrade if you go with the Rocket line. A little more money, but they are another step up.

Good Luck,

·
Registered
346 Posts
Note that AV123 does have an ELT/Denon AVR-1804 package for $1250. You do still have to pay shipping but that price is silly for the package you get. Shipping in the Lower 48 shouldn't be too bad.

·
Registered
980 Posts
drink the kool aid

·
Registered
605 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by DooDoo
drink the kool aid
What's up with the kool aid? I have seen this a number of times....:confused:

I have a set of ELT's as well and I love the performance and finish of these speakers...Good luck with your decision! :cool:

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
yeah, it does appear ACI is still offering the ELTs for 899.00 but it does say "intro" price...so that might be increasing soon, too...

·
Registered
7,482 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by hectic1
What's up with the kool aid? I have seen this a number of times....:confused:

I have a set of ELT's as well and I love the performance and finish of these speakers...Good luck with your decision! :cool:
"Drink the kool aid" is a play on the Jim Jones mass-suicide where his followers drank the kool aid laced with cyanide ...here it refers to people who are so stuck on one brand, they "look through rose-colored glasses" and can't criticize it. Their "brand" always comes out on top of another brand in a shootout, etc.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I've seen numerous DooDoo post here and at AV123 regarding the "Kool Aid." I bet he just can't afford to drink the Rocket Kool Aid and can't stand listening to his KLH home theater system so he has more than enough time to post useless replies all over the internet.

Back to the original topic, AV123 recently had a holiday sale where many people got the ELT (including me) for $699 when they also purchased a Rocket package. You might want to wait for another of these specials or take advantage of the above mentioned ELT+Denon 1804 package.

BTW, shipping from Colorado to Boston for the ELT package alone would've been about $35. Its the bigger Rocket Packages (that need to be pallated (sp?)) that cost much more.

Finally, I'd second the post above that if you have the ability to only purchase 3 speakers at the moment, buy the RSC200 (bigfoot) and a couple of 250's or B-stock 550's and then complete the package later. Call Steve at av123 and see if he can hook you up with some Bstock.

Good luck and ignore the useless junk that gets throw around here.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by agacek
I've seen numerous DooDoo post here and at AV123 regarding the "Kool Aid." I bet he just can't afford to drink the Rocket Kool Aid and can't stand listening to his KLH home theater system so he has more than enough time to post useless replies all over the internet.

Back to the original topic, AV123 recently had a holiday sale where many people got the ELT (including me) for $699 when they also purchased a Rocket package. You might want to wait for another of these specials or take advantage of the above mentioned ELT+Denon 1804 package.

BTW, shipping from Colorado to Boston for the ELT package alone would've been about $35. Its the bigger Rocket Packages (that need to be pallated (sp?)) that cost much more.

Finally, I'd second the post above that if you have the ability to only purchase 3 speakers at the moment, buy the RSC200 (bigfoot) and a couple of 250's or B-stock 550's and then complete the package later. Call Steve at av123 and see if he can hook you up with some Bstock.

Good luck and ignore the useless junk that gets throw around here.
People are so defensive about their purchases around here. Everyone needs to relax a little and learn to deal with a little good-natured ribbing. And, for the record, that is the only post in which I have ever used the term "kool aid."

Thanks for misquoting agasek. Next time please get your facts straight before posting.

Have a good day :D

·
Registered
7,482 Posts
I agree people need to relax, I'll never forget the time i dared to mention the wattage rating on one of the favorite subwoofers on this forum. the kool-aid drinkers for that sub came out in force and chased me off the thread, haha.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.