AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am moving into new construction. The DTV HD dish will be in on Saturday. I may be dreaming but I'd like a make-shift setup that might work for Sunday, when the new Sammy 61" DLP is delivered. Whatever I decide to buy should work as a perm. install as well.

The particulars of my location are, 2 story house. Neighbors are 1 story. Clear shot to all the major antenna's. The 7 main ones are all between 176 and 178* and from 32.9 - 35.0 miles from my house.

Aesthetic's count.

Do I need a rotor for a 2* difference? What sort of antenna is going to give me a decent signal without looking like I'm trying to contact Mars?

·
Registered
24 Posts
[Clear shot to all the major antenna's. The 7 main ones are all between 176 and 178* and from 32.9 - 35.0 miles from my house.

Aesthetic's count.

Do I need a rotor for a 2* difference? What sort of antenna is going to give me a decent signal without looking like I'm trying to contact Mars? [/b][/quote]

Most of the antennas are between 191 and 195 degrees and 33-35 miles from my house. (American River Canyon area of Folsom). I have a radio shack UHF antenna in my attic and get signal strengths between 85-100.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by billcoff

Most of the antennas are between 191 and 195 degrees and 33-35 miles from my house. (American River Canyon area of Folsom). I have a radio shack UHF antenna in my attic and get signal strengths between 85-100. [/b]
Which antenna did you get? How did you mount it?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Popkey Distributing (2110 5th -- 916-448-8848) sells Winegard antennas at a discount. I picked up the UHF 8-bay there. They also carry Winegard Yagis. Of course I am in the hills and need the power. A 4-bay would probably be fine for you and they blend in better since they are flat -- not long. The new Square Shooter is getting a lot of good press lately but don't know if they made it to Sacto yet. You may get by with a Silver Sensor. Saw some at BB on Arden Way the other day. I would try that first since it's easy to return.

http://www.winegard.com/offair/squareshooter.htm

·
Registered
30 Posts
I am in the Gold River area of Rancho Cordova. I just had a 4-Bay Channel Master UHF installed on my roof and all of the local OTA digitals are pegged at 95 - 100% signal strength on my Dish Network 6000u receiver.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.