AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NOOB of NOOB question here... For years I've simply been playing my mp3's on my dvd player that i had burnt onto cd-r's. So, now that I've made a massive upgrade with the ps3, what is the best way to copy my mp3's from my pc to my ps3 HDD?

1. crossover cable directly from the pc to ps3?

2. male/male usb cable pc to ps3?

3. with either option would I simply plug the two together and wait for the pc to recognize the ps3, and copy as with any other external HDD?

all of my mp3's are on my wifes OLD laptop with window media player 7!

I am quite baffled by all of the issues people ar having with the ps3 "recognizing" a lot of media and files.

Sorry for being such a slouch on this. but aside from my new television, I haven't been involved with much of the latest stuff lately.

·
Registered
366 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docj04 /forum/post/12974798

NOOB of NOOB question here... For years I've simply been playing my mp3's on my dvd player that i had burnt onto cd-r's. So, now that I've made a massive upgrade with the ps3, what is the best way to copy my mp3's from my pc to my ps3 HDD?

1. crossover cable directly from the pc to ps3?

2. male/male usb cable pc to ps3?

3. with either option would I simply plug the two together and wait for the pc to recognize the ps3, and copy as with any other external HDD?

all of my mp3's are on my wifes OLD laptop with window media player 7!

I am quite baffled by all of the issues people ar having with the ps3 "recognizing" a lot of media and files.

Sorry for being such a slouch on this. but aside from my new television, I haven't been involved with much of the latest stuff lately.

Peer-to-peer might work if you give them both static IPs and setup a UPnP or DLNA compliant media server on your PC. The PS3 is not a USB device that you can plug into something else. Its a USB Host , and as such, expects USB devices to be plugged into its ports, the same as your PC.

You have a few other options:
  1. Copy the MP3s from the CD-Rs you've burned to the PS3 one at a time.
  2. Rip the original CDs (if you have them) directly to your PS3.
  3. Copy all of your PC's MP3s to a USB device (hard drive, flash media, etc) and then to the PS3, or leave them on the storage device and move it between your PS3 and PC.
  4. Set your PC up as a DLNA/UPnP media server, network your PC & PS3, and copy them from there. TVersity would work well for this.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts