AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day all, 1st time posting here. I have been reading every thing I could find about 2 AV. Sony HT-DDW995 and the STR-DG710.

I just got my new Sony TV 50" LCD Projection, TiVo HD and Sony Blu-Ray disk player.

I guess I'm trying to buy the best with my Blu-Ray and music in mind.

I like the fact that the DDW995 comes with speakers. I don't yet have a Sub Base speakers. My system right now is using some really nice main speaker that work great and center with 2 back speakers. So could even get the DG910 which has the on screen setup.

So really confused on which is the best for the money. I have almost decided on the DDW995.

Thanks for any input.

Mark

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just watched a review on C-net about the Onkyo TX-SR605. Now that looks like a really nice A/V. and it has all the decoding needed for a great movie watching. This is not making it easer. lol

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hey Semore - I just returned a Sony 810 after 10 tedious days of dealing with it. I got the Onkyo 705 yesterday - like the 605 with 1 more HDMI. It makes the SONY look like a toy. There is NO comparison. Good luck, Deca

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After reading post on this site and have come down to 2 A/V Receivers. Sony 910 and Onkyo 605.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts