AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, new to the forum. I need some help with a recommendation for a new plasma display. In the process of setting up a home theater in our living room, we purchased a large entertainment center. It is in-route to be delivered in mid-November (you gotta love the lightning-fast response times of the furniture world!)

The dimensions I'm limited to are 57 3/4" wide, 38 3/4" high and 32" deep...and yes, my wife is in love with this armoire so this part we can assume is non-negotiable. :(

I'm looking to maxmize screen size, don't care about speakers, would like at least one HDMI connection, CableCARD and ability to display 720p content without scaling.

I'd like to do this for less than $5K. The 55" Hitachi 55HDM71 is the closest bet so far because the 55" consumer Hitachi has a FOOT of non-detachable (as far as I can tell) speakers - otherwise it would be ideal.

Do you guys know of anything out there now or available by mid-November? If I can't find a 55" with the size/features I want, I'm considering one of the 50" Panasonic models.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

-Tim

·
Registered
447 Posts
Tim,

Also take a look at the Panny TH-50PX500U and the Pio PDP-5050HD. Both have really impressed me.

Take Care,

Richard

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.