AVS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, everyone, I just need some help in figuring out which rack to buy. This will be my first rack. The following items are going to go into the rack as of right now:

1 Directv Receiver

24 port gigabit switch (rackmount)

24 port patch panel (rackmount)

HTD Lync 6 system (whole home audio)

PS3

Apple TV

2 AVRs (have 2 separate 5.1 systems--most like Denon AVR-X2000)

couple things need to buy:

matrix switch

global cache GC-100-12 (going to use iRule)----not sure if this will work with all my other equipment to control via iRule

Sonos connect

I really like the ecosystem that Sanus offers but then I read reviews on Omnimount and got confused. As far as cooling what fans do I need to purchase with either racks? Any accessories??

If you need any other information, please let me know

Thanks

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I picked up a re27 rack and really like the quality. It's my first rack, I rewired the fans to be in series to quiet them but I ended up ordering something temperature controlled instead. The rack might have been fine just removing the fans honestly. For the price I am happy, shop around I got mine on Staples for 475 shipped which was much cheaper than most places I looked.

·
Registered
844 Posts
This is obviously old, but I'm in the same boat now!!!! Any input from anyone would be appreciated.....

·
Registered
30 Posts
This is obviously old, but I'm in the same boat now!!!! Any input from anyone would be appreciated.....
I purchased the Sanus CFR2136 for $699 on a price mistake (had to pay shipping on top of that) Love it!!!! Check out the sanus accessories website where you can get anything from fans on top or bottom of rack, lights, power conditioner, shelves, etc. They have some of the accessories bundled in packages (A, B, C) when I purchased mine a couple of years ago. No regrets!

http://www.sanus.com/en_US/products...nent-series-rack-accessories&overrideTab=true

·
Registered
844 Posts
I purchased the Sanus CFR2136 for $699 on a price mistake (had to pay shipping on top of that) Love it!!!! Check out the sanus accessories website where you can get anything from fans on top or bottom of rack, lights, power conditioner, shelves, etc. They have some of the accessories bundled in packages (A, B, C) when I purchased mine a couple of years ago. No regrets!

http://www.sanus.com/en_US/products...nent-series-rack-accessories&overrideTab=true
I've been looking at that one very hard!!! I like what I see. Haven't seen it that cheap, but it looks like one of the best values around for a solid piece.

Sent from my XR6P10 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've been looking at that one very hard!!! I like what I see. Haven't seen it that cheap, but it looks like one of the best values around for a solid piece.

If price is a concern, you might want to check out the Omnimount rack 42U for $721. Pretty good deal with shipping of under $25. Pretty sure that is an error. Better pull the trigger before that disappears.

https://www.elvessupply.com/Omnimount-RE42-42-Space-Enclosed-Rack-Assy_p_1514367.html

·
Registered
844 Posts
I'm checking right now to see if another company that I've done business with before will match.....

·
Registered
844 Posts
They (Newegg) don't match to that site.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
844 Posts
Reactions: jjackkrash

·
Registered
844 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Congrats on the new rack. Hope that rack works for you.
It's in, and sooooo heavy! Wow. I expected it, but still, 320 lbs strapped to a pallet! It's with my other stash of goodies, ready for the future...

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
Hey Ronman79,

Did you by any chance take a photo of what this looks like when it's shipped? Standing on a pallet I assume?

We're just finishing our new house, but I may have to have it shipped somewhere else and then move it later.

Just wanting to see what I'd be dealing with.

Thanks!
Anthony

·
Registered
844 Posts
Hey Ronman79,

Did you by any chance take a photo of what this looks like when it's shipped? Standing on a pallet I assume?

We're just finishing our new house, but I may have to have it shipped somewhere else and then move it later.

Just wanting to see what I'd be dealing with.

Thanks!
Anthony
It is shipped strapped to a pallet. Tall. Heavy... Lol. I don't have a picture, but I could probably shoot one for you, as it's still on the pallet, stored... (Theater room not started yet)

·
Registered
844 Posts
Yes it is. Congrats!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts