AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have purchased an Optoma HD131x and I am planning on buying an Elite 125" Spectrum Electric AT screen to have mounted in the ceiling with the trim kit (the wife wants it hidden from view when not in use).

The projection calculator says that I should mount the projector 16' 3" back from the screen, which is not a problem. However, what concerns me is the height above the screen. It says that it needs to be 10" above the top of the screen. The ceiling mount I got is 5.9" so that means that the screen needs to start 10" below the mount height (5.9") + the height of the projector to the midpoint of the lens, right?

If the projector is mounted in the ceiling how do I know if there is going to be enough lead in the screen for the image to hit at the right height?

·
Registered
663 Posts
If you look at the dimensions page for Elite screens, you can see that the top black border is only 8", so it isn't possible for the screen case to be mounted above the ceiling and you not having to tilt your projector and use the keystone adjustment to straighten out the image. Can Elite build your screen with a custom drop of whatever length is needed? Might cost a few bucks, but how many projectors do you want to buy?
http://www.elitescreens.com/index.php/products/electric/16-elite-spectrum-series#4-dimensions

1 - 2 of 2 Posts