AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have a real noobish question, my apologies.

I have an old Denon AVR-3300 Receiver (I know I should upgrade
), I just picked up an SVS SB12-plus subwoofer. After looking at the inputs of the SB12-plus and the outputs of my Denon AVR-3300 it looks like I want to use an RCA cable to go from the Denon to the SVS, correct? Do I want to use TWO RCA cables? What is confusing is when I look at the back of the Denon it shows this for Preamp Outs (periods added for spacing):

...........................CENTER..........

L......O..........O..........O.........O...

R......O..........O..........O.........O...

..MULTI/...................SUB............

..EFFECT.SURROUND.WOOFER.FRONT.

So obviously the "R" SUB WOOFER out looks like what I should use, should I also use the above "L" output even though it is labeled CENTER or will this have the wrong signal attached to it (after surround sound processing takes place)?

I want to order my cable(s) from monoprice before my subwoofer arrives and I just want to make sure I pickup the right cables. Also if I only use the "R" SUB WOOFER output is it recommended that I split this into 2 RCA cables and input them both into the SB12-Plus (I would think by 5.1 the .1 is subwoofer and 1 cable should suffice, but my subwoofer has L & R inputs)? I am sure this is a real stupid question, and my apologies for asking, but this is my 1st sub.

This cable should be fine right?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
103 Posts
Just use the white input. U can also get a Y connector, for both red and white, but is not needed. Any decent rca wire will send the signal to the sub. It dosn't have to be a subwoofer cable.

·
Registered
4,633 Posts
You can use a single sub cable. Connect one end to the sub out on the Denon and the other end to either the left or right line level in on the sub. The L/R inputs and outputs on the sub are there when you use the subs Xover and pass through stereo signals through the sub to your mains. When you connect as a discreet channel, you only need to connect to left or right. The amp in the sub takes it from there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.