AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My folks gave me a pair of Cobalt 806 speakers (no manual and not the S model) and an NAD receiver. I wired them up and I get no highlights out of them from either the Sonos feed or from the receiver's radio.

Is there something special I need to do?

One thing that I didn't understand -- noob that I am -- if I connected to the top two sockets on the speaker, I got a very scratchy sound. When connected to the bottom two, I get a fuller sound, but no highlights. It's almost as if I am supposed to have both wired in. But, I don't see how.

Thanks,

Gary

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Grab some bare wire and connect the 2 positive connectors and the 2 negative connectors. there should have been metal jumpers with them but looks like your parents didn't give them to you.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifor /forum/post/18156660

Grab some bare wire and connect the 2 positive connectors and the 2 negative connectors. there should have been metal jumpers with them but looks like your parents didn't give them to you.

Works perfectly. Thanks for the help!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.