AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i downloaded AVCHD, bought a red, blue and green color filter and tried calibrating my Epson 8100 which is being projected on a beige wall.

The grayscale was pretty straight forward and easy to do, but the problem I had is while the manual explains some of what I'm doing it doesn't explain enough of it so I actually know what I'm doing and I'm guessing at a lot of it. I think I got the hang of it after a few hours, but a few of the screens that require the red, blue and green filter to be used caused me problems. I was able to get the green perfect, the blue almost perfect, but the red I couldn't get it anywhere close to what it needed to be and the more I tried to get the red where it needed to be it shifted some of the green and blues.

So anyways I tried to wing it, but after I got done my image looked way worse...the color didn't look much different then the out of box settings and it was way too dark. My out of box color settings look much better. So what am I most likely not doing right?

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Colored filters are not suitable or intended for the level of calibration work you are attempting. You need a meter and some training in how to use it.

·
Banned
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I called a local projector place and asked how much they charged for calibration. They told me they didn't do in home calibration, but I could buy a color filter and do it myself, because that's how they did it.

·
Just add water and stir
1,648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkaxt /forum/post/18279764

I called a local projector place and asked how much they charged for calibration. They told me they didn't do in home calibration, but I could buy a color filter and do it myself, because that's how they did it.

How did it work out in the end? Did you use professional services or stick to DIY? What do you think of the results? Would you recommend the decision you settled on? Are you happy or do you see things you'd like to change?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts