AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
finally got my first LCD HDTV - Samsung 40"...purpose of this was to do a clean wall mount, get rid of big old armoire and have everything out the way of our 2 kids under 2years old...problem is, on the wall were mounting it there's no where to put any components and there's no wall mounted racks were satisfied with...also we can't flush them in wall because of kitchen on other side...

...all i have is a small LG home theatre receiver DVD/CD and a directTV HD receiver...

so here's where i need help...i figured the best thing to do was put the 2 components under end table across the room (about 12ft) and run a conduit under floor for cabling....is this a feasible solution?

will be hard to run more cables later on....what should i run through?

i have:

2 HDMI

1 Component

Speaker wire for center, two front

2 coaxial cables

and also what is the easiest way to control these components (DVD and sat box) because they are not in-line sight but in the same room??

TIA!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
341 Posts

Quote:
i figured the best thing to do was put the 2 components under end table across the room (about 12ft) and run a conduit under floor for cabling....is this a feasible solution?

will be hard to run more cables later on....what should i run through?

that should be no problem. Run 2" or 3" gray electrical conduit. This will also give you capacity for changes later on.

Quote:
and also what is the easiest way to control these components (DVD and sat box) because they are not in-line sight but in the same room??

If you don't want to just point the remote at them, search for "IR repeater". With your situation, most will work fine.

sds

·
Registered
1,617 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by char-sea /forum/post/0

thanks! no, it would be a pain to have to reach around the couch everytime to change the channel...doesn't an IR repeater require wiring back to TV? what about an RF remote?

RF will work, but for the IR reprater, one more wire through your conduit (cat 5) to the eye, and the rest of the gear will be behind you with the AV equipment. Point the remote at the eye by the tv to get the signal (some eyes are very small and will be almost unnoticed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiahead /forum/post/0

RF will work, but for the IR reprater, one more wire through your conduit (cat 5) to the eye, and the rest of the gear will be behind you with the AV equipment. Point the remote at the eye by the tv to get the signal (some eyes are very small and will be almost unnoticed.

thanks!...that sounds good...so IR repeaters use cat5 cable?...did not know that...might as well run one of them through there too...what's the best way (cables) for audio...tv to receiver...anything to cable box?...optical?

thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.