AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I got, from my dad some speaker, but the GF doesn't like seeing the "speaker" I was wondering what material to use to do cover-grills? I do not know with what specific word to do a search to find the info. is GOM a good way to go, is there also a thread where someone as constructed a grill with step-by-step?

· Registered
2,037 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually after much consideration I have decided that I need a little bit more of your help guys. these speakers are actually DIY made by my dad in 1974. that's actually one year before I was born so first of all I hope someone here will be able to help me identify the different drivers in these picture so a better decision can be made. all I know is that My dad thinks it was either 200$ per woof or for both back in the days

this setup is, at least to me, an unfamilliar TMTW setup plus i'm much more used to a flat mounted driver setup than behind the front panel like this. there is two of these guys they are actually 24"x18"x12"1/2,and yes you are not dreaming, but these were made out of a ...yes a ping pong table

I decided I wanted to give back something to my dad. So do you think this is an optimal setup. should I just put some veneer on the ping pong finish and a new grill in front. or transfer everything in a new MDF box with flat mounted. should I build a center with a set up like this MtM and build two sub(if possible or a double sub with the two woof)

MID:

Tweet:

Woof:

Setup:

Front Panel:

thanks for all your help

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.