AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I got, from my dad some speaker, but the GF doesn't like seeing the "speaker" I was wondering what material to use to do cover-grills? I do not know with what specific word to do a search to find the info. is GOM a good way to go, is there also a thread where someone as constructed a grill with step-by-step?

·
Registered
2,037 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually after much consideration I have decided that I need a little bit more of your help guys. these speakers are actually DIY made by my dad in 1974. that's actually one year before I was born so first of all I hope someone here will be able to help me identify the different drivers in these picture so a better decision can be made. all I know is that My dad thinks it was either 200$ per woof or for both back in the days

this setup is, at least to me, an unfamilliar TMTW setup plus i'm much more used to a flat mounted driver setup than behind the front panel like this. there is two of these guys they are actually 24"x18"x12"1/2,and yes you are not dreaming, but these were made out of a ...yes a ping pong table

I decided I wanted to give back something to my dad. So do you think this is an optimal setup. should I just put some veneer on the ping pong finish and a new grill in front. or transfer everything in a new MDF box with flat mounted. should I build a center with a set up like this MtM and build two sub(if possible or a double sub with the two woof)

MID:

Tweet:

Woof:

Setup:

Front Panel:

thanks for all your help

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
maybe someone can help me just identifiying the specs of these drivers from what I've posted.

thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Don't veneer it, put them in new clean looking boxes, and paint the ping pong lines back onto them where they're at. No reason to lose the nostalgia when you can just make it look respectable.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts