AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just won this baby from the GL fer cheap. :D Has anybody ever heard of this model (or seen one)? I tried a search both here and on the net with no luck at all. Does anyone have the specs or possibly the manuals for this baby and may I have a copy? I sure hope it doesn't need the remote to set it up like some do. :rolleyes:

Again, it's a NOORDLAAND MDL #B-8520 KUURNE PROJECTOR. ;)

I was also going for the large amount of 701's available this time around, but almost all went for around $150. Someone who lives near NC and can pick them up must have won them (or they know they are in excellent shape). I wasn't going to pay that much plus the shipping to CA.

Anyway good luck to you all this time around.

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
It is a Barco of some sort. That is (though somewhat butchered) Barco's mailing address I believe. Kuurne is a place in Belgium where Barco's are "born." See: http://www.kuurne.be/ From the pics on the site looks to be a Barco 800 or 801.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know it's a Barco and that's their address (notice the winking icon). My best guess would be an 801 of some ilk. Every 800 I've seen (many) has the extended screws on the front of the convergence tray. The 801's I've seen have regular screws there instead. I'll find out soon enough.

·
Registered
9,728 Posts
I wonder about those JVC beasts. Did anyone else see those? they looked like a CRT but about the size of 2 refriderators or something.

-Brian

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.